A collection of food stories from across the web.
• A group of pet-food buyers are suing Nestlé, alleging the company used slave labor and human trafficking to provide the seafood in its cat food. (CBS News)
• There are more female athlete than ever, but many are malnourished. “The danger they face is called female athlete triad syndrome.” (NPR)
• Companies like ConAgra, Atkins Nutritionals and General Mills are sinking millions into new R&D centers in hopes of making frozen food better. (New York Times)
• A new study offers more evidence that food may be addictive. (CBS News)
• “How it feels when white people shame your culture’s food — and then make it trendy.” (Washington Post)