A round-up of can’t-miss events this month.
- Maibock Release Party: A celebration with free tastings, a toast from Mike Bristol, and live music from Robert Beard. From Facebook, “Our Maibock leads with Saaz hops for a spicy flavor and aroma, with Munich and Vienna malts imparting a touch of biscuit just before the crisp, clean finish.” Thursday, March 3, 5:30 p.m. Bristol Brewing Company, 1604 S. Cascade Ave.
- Watermark: A screening of this documentary film following our relationship with water from different viewpoints around the world, such as: competitors in the U.S. Open of Surfing; the largest arch dam in the world, Xiluodu; the water-intensive leather tanneries of Dhaka and more. Free. Thursday, March 3, 7 p.m. I.D.E.A. Space, 825 N. Cascade Ave. (inside the Cornerstone Arts Center).
- Seventh Annual Single Malt Scotch & Specialty Bourbon Tasting: A fundraiser through the Association of Graduates with dozens of scotch and bourbon samples (view the huge list here). Tickets get you unlimited tastings, food samples from various caterers, a cigar and commemorative glass. $45 for AOG members, $55 for nonmembers ($10-$20 for designated drivers). Friday, March 4, 6-8 p.m. Colorado Springs Marriott, 5580 Tech Center Drive.
- Beer Flight Night with Iron Bird Brewing Company: Taste four beers from Iron Bird for $10. Friday, March 4, 6-9 p.m. Peak Place Coffeehouse, 2360 Montebello Square Drive, Suite H-1.
- 21st Annual Pikes Peak Food & Wine Expo: An event from the Pikes Peak Chapter of the Colorado Restaurant Association with food and beverage tastings from over 60 local restaurants and over a dozen beer, wine and spirit orgs, as well as a culinary competition and a craft cocktail competition, the latter of which will feature guest judge, Bryce Crawford of RMFR. $45. Sunday, March 6, noon to 3 p.m. Broadmoor World Arena, 3185 Venetucci Blvd.
- 11th Annual Flavor of Pueblo Food & Wine Show: A benefit for United Way of Pueblo County programs with live entertainment, over 30 booths offering food and drink, and awards for top performers. $20-$25. Thursday, March 10, 5-7:30 p.m. Pueblo Convention Center, 320 Central Main St., Pueblo.
- CSYP Social & “Urban Bourbon” Launch: A Young Professionals event paired with the release of Urban Steam’s “Urban Bourbon” collaboration with Distillery 291 (read our coverage of the creation of the libation here.) Thursday, March 10, 6-8 p.m. Urban Steam Coffee Bar and Cafe, 1025 S. Sierra Madre St.
- 25th Annual Wine Festival of Colorado Springs: An annual extravaganza to benefit the Colorado Springs Conservatory, featuring three days of seminars, tastings, wine dinners, talks with winemakers and chefs and much more. Events take place at the Broadmoor, the Mezzanine, and the Garden of the Gods Club; go online for a detailed schedule. March 10-12.
- 503W and Local Relic Craft Beer Dinner: A four-course dinner featuring all new beers from Local Relic, paired with courses. See the whole menu — which includes a Thai Basil Saison and venison carpaccio — here. Tickets must be reserved by March 21. $60. Wednesday, March 23, 7 p.m. 503W, 503 W. Colorado Ave.
- Beer Fight: Porter vs. Stout: A talk with tastings from Triple S owner and certified Cicerone Steve Stowell on the differences between porters and stouts. Call 344-5477 to reserve a seat. $12. Thursday, March 24, 7 p.m. Triple S Brewing Company, 318 E. Colorado Ave.