A round-up of can’t-miss events this month.
- Let Them Eat Cake: From our friends at Chavez Gallery, the opening of a new exhibit of artwork about “unfortunate confections and royal persons in peril.” Arrive in costume for the chance to receive a prize, catch live Shakespearean players at 6. Free. Friday, April 6, 5-9 p.m. Chavez Gallery, 2616 W. Colorado Ave., #10.
- Séamus Wine Dinner: A six-course paired dinner featuring special guest Jim Foley, Séamus winemaker. See the whole menu here. Call 632-1086 for reservations. $100. Wednesday, April 6, 6:30 p.m. The Blue Star, 1645 S. Tejon St.
- Great Storm Beer & Cupcake Pairing: A match-up of four-oz. tasters of Great Storm brews with mini cupcakes from Steffi’s Bakery and Confections . A limited number of pairings will be available throughout the day, RSVP to help with planning. Saturday, April 16, noon to 10 p.m. Great Storm Brewing, 204 Mount View Lane, #3.
- 2016 Culinary Passport Media Kickoff/Brother Luck Knife Fight: A meeting of the American Culinary Federation Pikes Peak Chapter featuring a cooking match between Chef Brent Beavers (of AspenPointe’s culinary program) and Chef Supansa Banker (of 2South Food + Wine Bar), who will spar over a basket of mystery ingredients provided by the Colorado Springs Food Rescue. Seating is limited to paying customers at the Warehouse that night. Monday, April 25, 8 p.m. The Warehouse, 25 W. Cimarron St.
- Pollinate Pop-Up Dinner: As part of the multidisciplinary Pollinate program (read more about that here), a four-course dinner in GOCA’s downtown gallery featuring cuisine inspired by Pollinate’s theme of “energy” from Chef Eric Brenner and wine pairings by Donovan Kennedy of Natural Wine Company. The dinner will feature a musical accompaniment by the Colorado Springs Philharmonic. $75 for dinner, $100 for dinner and concert. Saturday, April 16, 5-7 p.m. GOCA 121, 121 S. Tejon St.
Out of town, the Bacon and Beer Classic happens at Sports Authority Field at Mile High April 16.
[Image: Courtesy Chavez Gallery]