A few of the can’t-miss food and drink events happening this summer in Colorado.
- Manitou Springs Colorado Wine Festival: Sip vino grown in the Centennial State from 30 wineries. With food, live music and other vendors. Go online for tickets and a complete list of participating wineries. Free for designated drivers. June 4. Memorial Park, 505 Manitou Ave., Manitou Springs.
- Feast of Saint Arnold: a “family friendly” beer festival showcasing Colorado craft breweries, wineries and distilleries. The family part comes via a separate fun zone just for kids. Proceeds benefit Westside CARES and the mission of the Chapel. $25-$35. June 11. Chapel of Our Savior Episcopal Church, 8 Fourth St.
- Fiddles, Vittles & Vino: a music and culinary arts festival featuring live bluegrass, samples from two dozen local restaurants and more. $45 before July 20, $50 after. July 31. Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site, 3105 Gateway Road.
- Springs Beer Fest: Celebrating its 10th year, a tasting extravaganza from over 55 craft breweries, along with food from local food trucks, live music and vendors. $25-$35 before Aug. 1, $40 after. Aug. 6. America the Beautiful Park, 126 Cimino Drive.
- Vino and Notes: A food, wine and jazz fest, featuring headliners Max Wagner and Tony Exum, Jr. Proceeds benefit Habitat for Humanity of Teller County. $35. Aug. 6. Woodland Station, off Saddle Club Way.
- Taste and Savor: This on-going affair offers monthly events including Broadmoor Farms to Broadmoor Tables, which highlights local food production, in July, and Maker’s Mark Weekend in August. The Broadmoor, 1 Lake Ave.
- 2016 Colorado BBQ Challenge: A tradition 23 years in the making, this weekend fest features over 70 pitmasters competing in a variety of BBQ categories, as well as concerts, a Bacon Burner 6K, tours of Breckenridge Distillery and more. June 16-19. Downtown Frisco.
- Denver Taco Festival: A fun and cheeky fair with $2 tacos from a variety of Denver “tacosmiths;” live music from Metalachi: The World’s First and Only Heavy Metal Mariachi Band; live lucha libre wrestling; a tequila and agave expo and much more. Free for kids 12 and under; $5 regular admission. June 25-26. Glitter Dome Event Center, 3600 Wynkoop St., Denver.
- 20th Annual Colorado Brewers Rendezvous: An expo featuring over 75 Colorado breweries with food and more, all on the banks of the Arkansas. July 9. Riverside Park, Salida.
Looking ahead to the fall, the Great American Beer Festival is set for October 6-8 at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver. It’s a splurge, but heaven for beer-lovers. Tickets go on sale July 29.
[Images: Courtesy Feast of Saint Arnold and Denver Taco Festival]