RMFR returns to FOX21 News with Lauren McDonald, and joins Tyler Hill, co-owner of Loyal Coffee, to talk about their approach to craft coffee, commitment to the Colorado Springs community and their new, diverse “summer sippers” menu.
- Naturally processed Colombian geisha: Hill shows us a pour over technique with the coffee that Bevan Cammell, Loyal Coffee co-owner, recently roasted at the U.S. Coffee Championships in Seattle.
- Horchata and cold brew: Loyal’s homemade horchata is a dairy-free take on the popular Central American drink made with rice milk, cinnamon and cardamom. It’s delicious on it’s own but we highly recommend it with the cold brew for an additional kick.
- Hibiscus and rose tonic: This homemade, pink tonic is made with dried hibiscus and rose flowers and is our go-to seasonal mixer with Lee Spirits Co. dry gin.
- Naturally processed Colombian geisha: Hill demonstrates the proper way to slurp coffee and discusses the side-by-side approach Loyal presents in their free weekly cupping classes, every Saturday at 10:00 a.m. inside their Ivywild roasting facility.
- Growlers: Fill up growlers of Loyal’s summer drinks with cold brew, Happy Leaf Kombucha from Denver, sparkling lemonade, homemade horchata and the hibiscus and rose tonic.
- 408 cold brew: This New Orleans inspired cold brew comes with cream infused with a brown sugar and allspice simple syrup.
*Header image courtesy of Loyal Coffee