A round-up of can’t-miss events this month:
• Evergreen Coffee Shop Grand Opening: A day of freebies, live music and more fun to usher in this new shop. Tuesday, January 3, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Evergreen Coffee Shop, 1442 N. Hancock Ave.
• Bite Me Gourmet Sausage Collaboration: The tapping of this annual holiday collab made with actual German stollen in the mash. With Bite Me serving up grub. Saturday, January 7, 2-10 p.m. Fossil Craft Beer Company, 2845 Ore Mill Road, Unit 1.
• How to Speak Winegalese: A class with gourmet cheeses and meats, five wines and instruction by a sommelier, who will help you identify what wines you enjoy and why. $40, plus tax and tip. By reservation only. Sunday, January 8, 5-6:30 p.m. Swirl Wine Bar, 717 Manitou Ave., Manitou Springs.
• ACF Pikes Peak Chapter Annual Awards Dinner: The local chapter of the American Culinary Federation’s annual recognition dinner, this time honoring Chef of the Year nominees Brent Beavers and Matt Richardson; Educator of the Year Ben Bedard; and student nominees Matthew Thomas and Jack Ritchie. With a four-course meal from Chef James Africano and the Warehouse. $36 for guests, $11 for ACF members. Call 475-8880 for reservations. Sunday, January 8, 5-9 p.m. The Warehouse, 25 W. Cimarron St.
• Pinot Posse XII: A four-course dinner with lamb, scallops, cheeses, and of course, pinot. See the full menu online. $125. Call 722-7622 for reservations. Sunday, January 8, 6-8 p.m. Till Kitchen, 9633 Prominent Point.
Passport to The French Laundry Wine Dinner: A benefit dinner for Yobel Market featuring Thomas Keller’s French Laundry recipes like braised veal with yellow polenta cake and Eric’s French Laundry Secret Staff Meal Lasagna. Click the link for the full menu. $59, plus tax and tip. Contact Coaltrain Wine & Spirits for tickets at 475-9700. Tuesday, January 10, 6-8 p.m. Pizzeria Rustica, 2527 W. Colorado Ave.
This event sold out, but Rustica and Coaltrain will offer an Early Valentine’s Piedmont Wine Dinner Tuesday, February 7. Tickets available here.
• Pig Picking Class and Dinner: Watch “butcher extraordinaire” Jason Nauert break down a whole hog, and learn his tips and tricks. With dinner and drinks. $100. Monday, January 16, 6-9 p.m. Till Kitchen, 9633 Prominent Point.